Mayer - March 8, 2018
What a great day of learning! The students are doing very well with their reading and writing. We were fortunate to have Mr. Vickers come into our classroom today. He talked about antlers and horns and the differences between the two. Antlers are made of bone, shed every year and only found on males. Horns are made of keratin(like fingernails), do not shed and found on both females and males. The students were able to touch them and investigate the inside of them. Please ask your child which wild animal has antlers or horns.
- No school for students tomorrow.
- Book Exchange will be Monday. All learning common periods were cancelled today.
- Scholastic book orders due on Monday, March 12.
- Usborne book fair is next week, Mon-Thursday night
- Student-Led conferences is next Wednesday night, I got an email last night from "Conference Manager" to sign up, let me know if you need a hand to sign up. There are 4 spots per half hour, so lots of room!
- Calling all elementary students!! Westmount Leadership is hosting the annual MOVIE NIGHT on Monday, March 19th 3:30-5:30! We will be watching Despicable Me 3. Admission is free and concession items will range from 50 cents to $2. Feel free to bring something to sit on, like a pillow. We hope to see you there!
- Hot chocolate fundraiser!!!
- On March 15th, March 23rd, and April 11th, Leadership is selling hot chocolate! For elementary students, we will be coming around and delivering to your classes between 8:45-9:00. The cost is $1 but if you want marshmallows, there will be an extra charge. Don’t forget, our last day that we will be selling hot chocolate is April 11th!