Safer Schools with Sam Jingfors
We are lucky to be able to offer sessions for our staff and students regarding being safe digitally.
Students from Grades 7 - 9 will go to Heritage Heights School on March 7, 2018. Please see this form to provide approval to the trip. Please note that the website on the form is NOT CORRECT. Use this website for the accurate information.
The student presentation will focus on lessons and content that is most applicable to the particular age group.
This presentation will cover all things digital, from digital citizenship and how to be a good digital citizen to the criminal consequences of cyberbullying.
Some of the most prominent concerns currently surrounding student’s use of social networking sites and smartphones will be discussed.
Topics covered will include:
- how to practice netiquette (online etiquette),
- how to recognize and respond to cyberbullying,
- the criminal and social consequences of cyberbullying behavior and the possession and distribution of intimate images (sexting),
- self-peer exploitation,
- digital media habits and oversharing,
- digital addiction, piracy and plagiarism.
As for parents, you too can have an opportunity to gain insight into Social Media by attending a presentation at Oilfied's School, March 8 from 7:00- 8:30 pm. Please see this below for all the information.