Last blog of the year!
It’s the last week of school and although things are winding up, we are still busy bees in 5A! We are wrapping up our week by finishing our landscaping for the wetlands project and will also be working on a Reconciliation Art mural that will be hung as a legacy piece in our school.
A few reminders for you this week as we wrap up the school year:
- Students will be coming home with their work, they will not be recycling or getting rid of it at school. Most students brought a big binder with their work home today, but some will be bringing it home tomorrow (they weren’t prepared to ride bikes and scooters with heavy books). Expect visual journals and the remainder of student work to come home tomorrow.
- Thursday is our last day. Students will be dismissed at 12:15 and don’t need to bring lunches. Wednesday is the last day that the Cub Cafe will be open.
- Order yearbooks! It’s not too late!! Visit https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/. Our yearbook ID number is 11576817
- We will have our Grade 1-6 year end assembly on Wednesday starting at 1:30 pm. All parents are welcome to attend!!
- If you want to order school supplies through Staples School Tools, visit staplesschooltools.ca and use the Grade 6 reference number (FA6D819D-84262). Orders are due July 11th!
- We will have a wrap up party on Thursday. Students can feel free to bring snacks to share on that day as we celebrate each other and our year of learning!! Please ensure that there are no nuts included in the snacks!
Thank you for an amazing year with your kiddos! We had such a wonderful year full of field trips and experiential learning – thank you to each and every one of you for working with me throughout the year to support your child in their learning journey. I’m excited to see each and every student continue to grow, explore, learn, and further develop their skills and passions at Westmount. Have an AMAZING summer!!!