Outdoor Education at Westmount school is comprised of four different strands of outdoor learning available to our students. They are...
1. Outdoor Adventures - •Grade 4-6 Introductory “Spark” Option
•One morning within the regular 6 day cycle
• includes Half day – full day – overnight trips
2. Outdoor Experiences - outdoor opportunitities through your child's PE program
Grade 3-6 PE Program
•Outdoor Games, Snow shoeing/XC skiing – day hikes, 6 – lake/pool kayaking, 5/6 outdoor camp
Grade 7-9 PE Option
•2/3 week units
•on/off campus learning + 1-2 day trips/unit
•Camping/hiking skills I/II, mountain biking I/II, kayaking/first aid, cross country skiing/snowshoeing, geocaching/orienteering
3. Outdoor Leadership - a Junior High Option Class
• Grade 7-9 Option, 10-12 days off campus learning per term working towards multi day/night trips.
•Day Hiking, Backpacking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, kayaking – hostel based or ACC hut trips
4. Hunter Education- a Junior High Option Class
Grade 7-9 Option
•Students develop skills in archery, fishing, rifle-marksmanship, day hiking, species identification, etc.