ATHLETICS AT WESTMOUNT
Welcome to the Westmount Athletics page. Here you will find information regarding our Wolves Athletics Program. Take some time to come out and support our athletes as they compete in various competitions around the area.
Westmount School Athletics will be based around the foundations of player growth and development in skill, competitive situations, and a solid foundation of sportsmanship. Through this we expect to see the growth of an individual in the areas of self-discipline, respect, and most of all self-worth.
Very important forms are listed on the links below. These are absolute must haves for our athletes to compete and participate on various teams. These are master copies.
**There are blank areas for dates and specific teams that will need to be filled in for specific teams, so please read carefully.**
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR INFORMATION ABOUT SPECIFIC SPORTS OR EVENTS
- Foothills Athletic Council, which is our governing body for athletics in the division has a webpage that can be accessed for information and league standings. Please click on the link for updates. http://www.fac.teampages.com/
- Bugets for athletics that are posted on the divisional website are what was approved by Alberta Education and the Minister of Education for the maximum allowable amount our school can charge. This is not necessarily the fee that will be charged for the specific season of play. Westmount School does its very best to keep the cost for interschool athletics down, but has to take in consideration the cost of various expenses to make our seasons run effectively.
- Congratulations to our Sr. Boys Volleyball team who finished first over the weekend of Sept 30th at a tournament in Three Hills.
- Our Wolves had a great showing at Divsionals with many runners finishing in the top 12. We sent 4 runners to compete in zones and they had an extremely strong showing with 3 of the 4 finishing in the top 12 and the other finishing 22nd. Outstanding Job!!
Tryouts are now completed. Congratulations to all who made the team for the 2017 season. Practices typically run Tuesday and Thursday 3:30-4:30. All players are encouraged to attend consistently as it is crucical for skill and knowledge development. Our players are off to McMahon Stadium Thursday October 12th for a Jamboree. Their final games of the season will be on Oct 16th for playoffs at Blackie School.
Our flag football team finished third in their league this year!! Congratulations to our players, coaches and parents! Thank you to our coaches- Coach L-R, Coach McKellar, and Coach Kessel for volunteering your time to spend with our athletes!
Coaches- Elisa Mckellar firstname.lastname@example.org, Shauna Laubman-Ruff email@example.com, Hunter Kessel.
League play is finishing up. Our Senior Teams are gearing up for zones, their draws are listed below. Our Grade 7/8 Boys and our Grade 7 Girls are now in the midst of their playoff run. Go Wolves Go!!
Tryouts have started for all of our teams for this year. We would like to encourage all who tried out to continue to work on developing their skills. Keep up the good work.
Grade 8/9 Girls and Boys- Three Hills Tournaments Sept 30th- Three Hills School, Three Hills Alberta
Grade 7/8 Boys - Brooks Tournament Oct 14th- Christ The King School, Brooks Alberta (The host had made an error and we are now playing on Oct 14th instead of Sept 30th)
Grade 8/9 Girls- Brooks Tournament Oct 14th- Brooks Jr. High School, Brooks Alberta
Grade 8/9 Boys- Wheatland Crossing Tournament Oct 21st- Wheatland Crossing School, Strathmore Alberta
Grade 7 Girls- Brooks Tournament Oct 21st- Brooks Jr. High School. Brooks Alberta
Grade 8/9 Girls- Prairie Christian Tournament Oct 27th/28th- Prairie Christian School, Three Hills Alberta
Grade 8/9 Girls- Zone Championship Tournament Nov 10/11th- Westmount School, Okotoks Alberta
Grade 8/9 Boys- Zone Championship Tournament Nov 10th/11th- Christ the King School, Brooks Alberta
Please see below the practice schedules for volleyball. This calendar is mainly for practices, although it may have league games/tournaments listed as well.
Check the schedules that are posted below as those will determine when our league games will be. Any changes will be noted on the website and not necessarily on the schedule itself.
Gr. 7/8- Jr. B Boys will be playing at Oilfields on Oct 4th not Oct 5th
Grade 7 Girls- Game on Oct 12th will be moved to Oct 16th at Westmount
Tripleball development will have exhibition games set up between other schools where possible. As soon as those dates of competition can be confirmed they will be posted.
- Gr. 8/9 Girls- Alyssa Jones- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gr. 8/9 Boys- Graham Campbell- email@example.com
- Gr. 7/8 Boys- Jesse Keller- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gr. 7 Girls- Cynthia Glaicar- email@example.com
- Tripleball Development- Tori Maciejewski- firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Cross country team is well underway. We have ran our school meet on Sept 20th, 2017 and had some amazing results. Congratulations to the top 12 in Grade 6-9 who will go on to represent Westmount at Divisionals. Divisionals will be on Wednesday October 4th, 2017 at Red Deer Lake School. Zones for cross country will be Wednesday October 11th in Sundre.
Elementary Grades 4-6 will be heading to Red Deer Lake for an interschool meet on Thurssday Sept 28th.
- Janey Wooldridge- email@example.com
- Tori Maciejewski- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graham Campbell- email@example.com